Online Therapist • Female
About the Practitioner
I’ve been in practice since the early nineties in the UK and worked in organisations like Mind, Relate, Employee Assistance Programmes, higher education and independent practice. My online therapy experience is since 2008.
I practise as an ‘Integrative’ therapist and my work is informed by Systemic and Psychodynamic theoretical models.
The Systemic model helps me keep in mind that:
• everyone deserves respect,
• there are many ways of looking at the same issue,
• making sense of our relationships and roles can contribute hugely to our well-being.
The Psychodynamic model helps me keep in mind that:
• trust is crucial for therapy to be helpful, and it’s my job to facilitate the right trusting conditions,
• childhood experiences are powerful,
• our capacity for surviving intolerable situations is so great that at times it can interfere with our capacity to enjoy life,
• Therapeutic support can help us make sense of these things and take charge of our lives
Areas of ExpertiseAssertiveness, Life Direction, Self Esteem, Trauma Recovery
Service OptionsEmail, Webcam
Fees & Payment OptionsIndividuals: £32 per session. Save £10 with a block of four sessions. One session free for a block of eight sessions
Professional Association Registration DetailsBACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
UKRCP registered: MBACP (accred) CODES OF PRACTICE • BACP • ACTO
1) Certificate in Online Skills (CPCAB validated)
2) MA Couple Therapy (UEL)
3) PG-Dip Couple Therapy (UEL)
4) Supervision training (University of Leicester and Relate)
5) Cert Couple Counselling (Relate)
6) Adv Cert Psychodynamic Studies (University of Leicester)