Online Therapist, Online Counsellor • Female
Together, we can turn your life around.
About the Practitioner
Contact: [email protected]
I’ve been in practice since the early nineties in the UK and worked in organisations like Mind, Relate, Employee Assistance Programmes, higher education and independent practice. My online therapy experience is since 2008.
I practise as an ‘Integrative’ counsellor and psychotherapist and my work is informed by Systemic and Psychodynamic theoretical models.
The Systemic model helps me keep in mind that:
• everyone deserves respect,
• there are many ways of looking at the same issue,
• making sense of our relationships and roles can contribute hugely to our well-being.
The Psychodynamic model helps me keep in mind that:
• trust is crucial for therapy to be helpful, and it’s my job to facilitate the right trusting conditions,
• childhood experiences are powerful,
• our capacity for surviving intolerable situations is so great that at times it can interfere with our capacity to enjoy life,
• Therapeutic support can help us make sense of these things and take charge of our lives
Areas of ExpertiseAnxiety And Depression, Assertiveness, Body Image, Career, Childhood Issues, Confidence, Decision Making, Goal Setting, Grief And Bereavement, Life Direction, Migration And Relocation, Motivation, Pain, Personal Development, Relationships, Self Esteem, Sexual Abuse, Sexuality, Spirituality, Stress And Burnout, Trauma Recovery
Service OptionsEmail, In-person appointment
Fees & Payment OptionsIndividuals and couples For fees please copy and paste this link in your browser: https://maryambest-therapy.com/content/fees-and-appointments
Professional Association Registration DetailsBACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
PSA, ICO and PPR registered: MBACP (accred) CODES OF PRACTICE • BACP • ACTO
1) MA Couple Therapy (UEL)
2) PG-Dip Couple Therapy (UEL)
3) Supervision training (University of Leicester and Relate)
4) Cert Couple Counselling (Relate)
5) Adv Cert Psychodynamic Studies (University of Leicester)
CONTACT: [email protected]